Saturday 27 December 2008

It's over!!!!

Well that wasn't as bad as I was expecting!

I finished work about 2.30 christmas eve afternoon. I went home in good spirits and all was calm.
Then as if by magic him indoors turned into a snapping, snarling twat and I found myself sleeping alone and waking up on christmas morning with just my little dog for company!

Determined that I wouldn't let him ruin the big day, I went downstairs and wished him a merry christmas!

I cracked on with the veg and was offered no help, then it was time to open the pressies, the boys were thrilled with their stuff but it almost pained him indoors to open the mountain of gifts that I and the boys had carefully selected.

I opened my presents and was pleased with what I had got, although he certainly hadn't pushed the boat out this year, I didn't complain.

He seemed to mellow a bit as the morning wore on, and he was a good boy when Grandad and Mad Aunt arrived for dinner.

Dinner turned out really well and no-one offered to help clear up.

We spent a quiet evening by the telly and we went to bed on full stomachs.

So all in all not too bad eh?

Now I have my big fortieth birthday to look forward to! 23rd of January incase you wanted to send a card lol!

Come on then, how was your Christmas?

4 comments:

auntiegwen said...

A belated Happy Christmas to you dear Foxy.

I sincerely hope I'll be invited to your party, I'm only up the road from you x

Eddie 2-Sox said...

I'd like to be invited to the party so that I can blend soberly into the background all night, then snog the bejasus out of the birthday girl in the beer garden when the Idiot Boyfriend nods off in the snug.

FOXY1969 said...

Party? I dont want a party, I wanna go to the westend and get legless!!

auntiegwen said...

Happy New Year

There will come a time when you'll be able to make your decisions, the courage will be there when you need it.

May 2009 be a good year for you xxx