Thursday 11 September 2008

On The Up!

Bloody Hell!
I am feeling really good!
I started back at work on Monday and it went so well I went back for 2 shifts on Tuesday!
I hadn't forgotten how to do my job, and infact I felt I had more patience the the elder folk, who can be especially demanding.
On tuesday I did an outpatient clinic, the one in the morning was for the gasterenteroligist, (looking up the back passage), and the afternoon clinic was the other side of the coin, in obs and gynae clinic.
I really enjoyed both clinics, but had to rush to my first night at college to start my diploma in indian head massage.
That was a bit daunting as it is quite an intensive course but I am sure it will be worth it in the long run!

I am on the discharge lounge this afternoon, this is where the ward send a patient who is going home today to us in the lounge where they wait for their transport home. They get to watch tv, drink tea & coffee, and have a meal at meal times.

My job is to take a wheelchair and go up to the wards and collect the patients and take them to the lounge, putting in, and collecting prescriptions on route.
It keeps you fit!
To drop!

2 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Hey sweetie

soooooooooo glad it's getting a bit brighter for you xxx

FOXY1969 said...

Thanks Auntie, so am I!
It wasn't a nice place to be when you go to bed everynight and pray you don't wake up!
But now I am glad I did, as I would have missed out on so much x