Thursday 4 September 2008

My Premonition

I finally plucked up the courage to go into work and book in a few shifts on the bank.
My first day back is on Monday, that is going to be a shock to the old system!

8am start!
Oh dear, how will I get out of bed in time?

It is only a 5 hour shift but already I feel knackered!
Well I am sure I will just fine and am kind of looking forward to it.
Today I am feeling so much better and have a slight twinge of regret at resigning as I really liked the medical assessment unit where I was before I became ill.

Oh well never regret the things you have done, only the things you haven't, like Robbie Williams!

My college uniform arrived in the post today, and it fits perfectly, the indian head massage oils turned up yesterday so I am all set to begin the course next Tuesday. Gosh it's all happening at once, I hope I don't feel over-whelmed by it all.

Last night I had a horrible nightmare where my ex-husband and 2 boys were killed in a car crash, it was so real and I have felt awful all day, I even had to ring him in Korea where he is working to make sure he was ok, and as I dialled his mobile number, I knew that it wasn't going to connect, even though it did the previous 3 times I called him.
The phone was silent then a tone like the flatline on a cardiac monitor, meaning death. I absolutely panicked then because I felt it was a premonition or omen.
I quickly pushed the redial button and was connected straight away!
He was just fine but I asked him to be extra careful anyway.

It is like our life is mapped out for us in some ways, and after watching final destination movie it made me think that whatever choices you make were always meant to be.
This is probably a load of crap as I am always telling my kids, that you are the master of your own destiny. Sometimes though it is put into the hands of someone else and they are not always as careful with it!
Anyways, that is enough of my ramblings today as I think my medication has been prescribed too high a dose but at least I feel reletively normal again so it aint all bad!

5 comments:

auntiegwen said...

Hope your shift goes well

FOXY1969 said...

So do I, I am so nervous!
x

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Dreams can whip up emotions which last with you for a while. I'd wonder why you were so worried about your ex though!

Good luck at work and I'll see you for a pint on Monday afternoon.

FOXY1969 said...

I will look forward to that pint! Anyway why would I not worry about my ex? He is the father of my gorgeous boys and my soul mate. There was a very big gap in my life that no one has filled since I left him, and although I am not in love with him and certainly dont want him back, I do care for him deeply. People with ex's of their own find this hard to believe but I stopped being bitter a very long time ago!
See ya monday x

rebeckajane said...

There were things I felt, things my son told me before we lost him, so I understand your fear from your premonition and am glad that all is ok.

Nice to read you are feeling better, I hope it all goes well for you.

x