Monday 14 April 2008

I got me 8 puppies!!


Yes it's true!, my little westie Tia gave birth to 8 very tiny bundles last night. The first one arriving at about 11pm and the last one at about 05.30am this morning. This is her second and final litter, and I cant believe the poor little mare had to do it 8 times! (give birth that is).


We have 4 boys and 4 girls, so a nice even mix. I stayed up most of the night with her as I was worried something may go wrong and at £300 each little bundle, it was worth losing a bit of sleep to make sure they were all safe!


Sid (the daddy) is strutting around today, but he doesnt know what all the fuss is about. Tia wont let him near the babbies, so she will have to deal with all the night feeds herself! Daft cow!


They dont half make a lot of noise for a lot of tiny scraps. I dont know how she will cope with trying to feed that lot at once, maybe it would be best to get the KFC bargain bucket lol!


Unfortunately I had to go to work this morning, but Jamie (oldest boy) stayed home to keep his eye on things. God they are like white rats with pink noses and ears. They will get better looking! They all develop their own characters and have very different temperaments. Its surprising really.


Well I think I may have an hours kip before I got to start dinner, or maybe I will pop to KFC!

No comments: