Tuesday 8 April 2008

I survived nightshift......just!


Thank God that is over!


I had nightshift Sunday night after feeling terrible all day with a migraine and spent most of the day in bed, between getting up to be violently sick!


The shift wasnt too bad to be honest and it was soon time to come home and crawl into my lovely warm bed.


I got into bed at 08.37 am and at 12.17 pm I was still trying to get off to sleep. I knew I should have had that chardonnay in the fridge but after the migraine I was feeling weary.


I got up at 12.35 to take a 2nd sleeping pill, and I think around half past 1, I eventually nodded off. Only to be woken by the dogs howling at half past 2!! WTF!!!


I had a really crap sleep all in all and had to make my way back to do a 2nd nightshift feeling like a total zombie!


We had our usual spatter of patients, the demented ones who manage to pee in the bed, then ring the bell to tell you they are wet! What happened to ringing the bell BEFORE you piss the bed love??

Oh well not to worry, then there is the 94 year old patient calling out for her father?? OK my love if your father was alive, how old do you think he would be? answer - 'well older than me obviously!'

What can you say to that?

Then there is the patient who has to have the 'special' large ambulance bring him in to hospital as he wont fit in a normal ambulance! He has a 'special' bed that will take his weight and then there are the poor 'special' nurses who have to haul him up the bed just so he can breathe properly, and although I may seem a little un-caring, its only because my neck and shoulder is still hurting from the strain! But thats ok because when his relatives come in to visit him they will bring him lots of nice things to eat to cheer him up!


Well on that note I am going to take my slimming pill and go to bed! (11lb off so far!)

Night night x

No comments: