Thursday 17 July 2008

Disgruntled


I know this is gonna sound nasty, or selfish but when I started this blog it was just for me to dump into (not literally)!


Grandad came round for a game of poker last night, it was the first time for ages as my sister has kindly stepped in and started going round there most evenings with her kids and at first I was pleased that Grandad had company each night and the burden had been taken off me.


The only trouble is she is reaping all the benefits and I feel a bit left out. All he went on about was your sister this, your sister that, she has even started cooking for him now too!


Now like I said this is going to sound nasty but I have to get it off my chest! Her kids need a lot of money for a school trip abroad, and I feel she has an ulterior motive!

Grandad has been providing all the prize money each night and they have been leaving with handfuls of cash each night. Now the main reason I am pissed off is I really dont like playing poker but do so to keep him happy, he pushed me into a poker night, and instead of us all putting in £2 stake money with him adding a tenner on top for the winner, we all put in our £2 and he never added anything to it! I tried to gently remind him of the normal prize money and got yelled at for changing the rules! So I gently fumed, not really because of the money more the principal. I then asked him if my sister and her kids put in the £2 stake money each, to be told, 'oh no, I dont take anything off them as I want to encourage them to keep coming round!


Well I am not sure what to make of that, I have always been the favorite and feel like I have had my nose put out of joint! To make matters worse I came 4th out of 5 players last night! It was £5 for the winner £3 for 2nd place and £2 for runner up, and Grandad got £2 for runner up so the night cost him nothing! God this sounds so petty!


I really need a slap!


I know I am wrong to feel like this, but I cant help it. This horrible feeling wont go away.

No comments: