Thursday 24 July 2008

The Winner Takes It All




Well, well, well, I finally managed the Mama Mia film and I must say I was tapping my foot in the aisles with the best of em! It was brilliant.


I took my Mad Auntie and my 12 year old son and they were equally enthralled!




Then afterwards we went to eat all you can chinese buffet and that was great too, but that was the end of my day the first half wasn't so bad either! (mostly).




The washing machine repair guy was due and Liam and I was due at Grandad's for cards at 1pm, WMRG turns up at 12.40 just as I was mashing potatoes for a cheese and potato pie!




He fixes machine and I put pie in oven on a high heat as I was leaving the house in less than 10 minutes and was going to turn oven off and leave it in to carry on warming through. Ok, all well so far!




I hurried Liam up to get his shoes on as it was now 12.55 and it is a 7 minute drive to Grandads.


The WMRG gave me a lecture on the misuse of my washing machine and suggested I do a 90' maintenance wash with just bio powder in the drum at least once a month! Yeah, yeah, yeah love whatever you say, I will put it on my list of jobs 'to do', (now where did I put that list?)




As I had said when I got to Grandads a few minutes late, I stated that I had no money and wanted to play for fun!, and it was just nice to keep him company.


Well, he wasn't having any of that! He said he would not get any enjoyment from playing like that and insisted putting in £5 for the winner, £3 for 2nd, and £2 runner up. OH go on then if it makes you happy!




We had 2 games and I won £3 and then £2, well I am not very good! We left Grandads at 3.40pm and called into Tesco for 4 items, and we had Mad Auntie with us and as it was really really hot she was smelling, well shall we say not too sweet!, But at least she didn't shit on my car seat this time! (that's another story!)




We arrived back at my house at 4pm to let the dogs out, and So I could get changed and dish Marcus's dinner up as we would be at the cinema when he got home from work.




I opened the kitchen door and this wall of heat hit us like a tsunami! oh fuck! I had left the oven on high heat since 12.45. OH MY GOD!!


The 3 westies were all laying spent on the floor panting like bugger and I just screamed.




Now what was I going to give the tosser for his dinner?? Fuck, fuck, fuck!




I scribbled him a note next to the incinerated remains saying sorry but I would make him something when I got home!




We left to go to the cinema and picked up our pre booked tickets and found the place half empty, or half full depending how you look at things!




I remembered why I hate the cinema after noisy kids pissed me off and my arse was as numb as a numb thing when the film finished. but the popcorn laced with a fuck-off bag of malteasers helped sweeten my mood.




The chinese was a good place to add him indoors' dinner onto the bill that Mad Auntie was paying for so it was win all round!




When I got home him indoors was in a good mood sitting in the garden having laid several paving slabs and looking pleased with himself.




So all in all not a bad day!




No comments: