Thursday 31 July 2008

Name Calling!

I have been thinking about changing my surname for a while now.
When I got divorced nearly 5 years ago, I decided for the sake of my 2 sons I would keep my married name which is their surname too. I still felt like a Wylie inside too. It was who I had been for some number of years, and I didn't hate the boys Dad, I just could no longer live with him and his possesive ways.

My partner who I have been with for 4 years, has always been a bit pissed off because I kept my ex's surname, especially as when him and his last wife divorced she went back to her previous husbands name!

I don't really want to get married, but I was wondering whether to take my partners surname Brett, by deed poll, apparently you can change your name every week if you like and can be Lady something!
Or if I should just revert back to my maiden name, Norman?

I was thinking if I changed it to Brett then at least I wouldn't have to change it again when/if we get married.

I am really unsure about things and wonder if I should just change it to Minnie Mouse!

3 comments:

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Brett? Boring.

Norman? Boring.

Go for something interesting, like Minogue, or Throbber, or Backdoor-Lambada.

Or best of all, don't change unless you get married.

FOXY1969 said...

I was thinking more about Pussy Galore or Titsalini. What do ya reckon??

Julie Frances Louisa Titsalini, now that has class! unfortunately lower, but it's definately got class!

Eddie 2-Sox said...

What about something relevant to you? Like....

...Shaggable....

...Bodacious....

....Gaggin-Ferrit....


Just a thought.