Saturday 2 August 2008

Me

I went to see my shrink yesterday, and the woman has been such a help. At first I thought £35 an hour was a lot to part with each week just to get stuff off your chest when you can do it for free on here, but she has done wonders for me.

She gave me 2 poems yesterday and I have to share this one as I cant stop thinking how much I relate to these words.


SOMEBODY ELSE

If I was not myself, I would be somebody else.
But actually I am somebody else.
I have been somebody else all my life.

It's no laughing matter going about the place
all the time being somebody else:
people mistake you; you mistake yourself.

Jackie Kay


I felt so strongly after I read it I decided to become myself once more and have now officially gone back to the name I was given to at birth. It is who I am, and who I want to be.

Miss Julie Frances Louisa Norman

2 comments:

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Positive!

FOXY1969 said...

Thanks hun, I certainly feel it!