Thursday 21 August 2008

What a funny old day

What a crazy mixed up day I have had today!
Today is my younger son's 13th birthday, and the morning went well with pressie and card opening. Breakfast was planned for macdonalds, but first we had to go up to the school for 10am to pick eldest son's exam results.
Now we wasn't expecting miracles as we know that although very bright he is crap at school, but all he needed was 4 passes a C grade or above and his college place was sorted.

I dropped him off at the school and popped to see my Grandad for ten minutes while we waited for him to collect his envelope.
We called round to the school gates where he was waiting and he gets in the car. I asked him if he had opened them and he turns with a miserable face and nods. I look at the results and then I look at him, he is crying. Oh dear, they were quite bad. And he was gutted.

I asked if we should go straight home instead of Macdonalds, and we all agreed it would be best.
I told him to get all his exam results together and we would see if we could make 4 grade C's out of the mess in front of us. Well we still aint sure exactly as some of his qulification are not the same as others so now we have to wait for the college to get back to us with an appointment to see just what we have got.

Poor little sod feels like his whole life is in limbo. My heart aches for him. Ok I know it is his own fault for not working harder, but it really isnt the end of the world.

He is now sitting playing guitar hero on the x-box 360 that I bought Liam for his birthday and he wont answer anyones calls or texts.
The little 'un has gone to the cinema with his friend and want fajita's for tea. So easily pleased.

I am sitting here thanking whatever forces that be, for my 2 healthy son's and will give them both an extra special hug later and tell them they mean the world to me.

2 comments:

Eddie 2-Sox said...

You give them that big hug J.

This has been possibly the first lesson for your nipper that you have to work in life, and if you don't you get shit.

Harsh but true.

rebeckajane said...

Oh I completely agree on that level, it's very frustrating to have people move to your country and not pay their way like the rest of us do and like you said put a strain on our hospitals etc.

I guess my point was more along the lines of those who judge others, pick on others, deliberately cause fights (both verbal and physical) because of the colour, race, religion of another person and those who will be horrible to others for the way they dress or their personal beliefs.

I remember standing in line at this place once and an asian couple was called up, an Australian stood up and started swearing and carrying on because they had been called up before him and that it was his national right to go first and then he went on and on. I was ashamed to be Australian.

I agree that if you move to another country then you need to work just as hard as the rest of us and not feel as though you can just live off us. I'm not sure how it is over there but here for example if you want to go on governement payments you have to live here for 2 years. To get our medicare system you have to be a permanent resident.

All I'm saying is that people should be less judgemental and accept people for who they are. It's the same with others who come here and pick on the way we are, they chose to move here, they should accept us and our traditions and cultures.

Have a lovely weekend xo