Saturday 9 August 2008

D Day is Looming!


I have to go back to work on Monday. I have mixed feelings about this. I started out being excited, then I got a bit nervous, now I think I am totally shitting a brick!


Will I remember how to do blood pressures, can I help someone to the commode without them falling, can I remember how to do an MRSA swab, oh goodness, I am making things worse.


I have been gone almost 3 months apart from 2 days which I hated every moment.

To make matters worse I am going back on a twilight shift (8pm til 1am) and that is an extremely busy shift, I will be put in the triage bay, which is where all new patients are put, I will be responsible for the first point of contact, doing there, BP, temp, resps, weight, testing their blood sugar etc etc, what if I mess up? These people are relying on me! Oh dear, what if someone dies, which is a regular occurance on MAU, I am going to have to lay out the deceased, and not have a total breakdown.


Am I strong enough?

Is mcDonalds hiring?

2 comments:

auntiegwen said...

You'll be fine. It's amazing how quickly things come back to you.

I used to be a nurse, and I remember feeling exactly like you do now just at the end of my maternity leave, I'd taken the full 52 weeks off and I was terrified I'd forget everything.

You really don't, honest :):):) (smiley faces to cheer you up) xxx

FOXY1969 said...

Thanks Auntie Gwen, but I really am not strong enough yet, but soon, very soon, I promise x