Monday 11 August 2008

Baby Bird


When I gave birth to my first son, I was in hospital opposite a nice woman called Tracy, She gave birth to a daughter the day after me, and when the nurses were on the ward they referred to me as Mummy Norman and her as Mummy Bird, them being our surnames.


Imagine my delight when they brought in Baby Norman, and yes you guessed it Baby Bird!

Well I was in a fit of giggles and insisted I wanted a Baby Bird and I wanted to be a Mummy Bird! It was sooo cute!


Well that was 16 years ago on the 27 & 28th August!


Imagine my absolute shock when taking my son's new girlfriend of 1 week home and she says my mum thinks she was in hospital with you when she had me! OH MY GOD! She is Baby Bird!

Unbelievable! but it is true! I burst into tears, as I have always kept a fond place in my heart for that Mummy and Baby Bird!


Now she might become my daughter in law and have my grandchildren! ok, ok they arent 16 yet but it could happen! How freaked out (in a nice way) am I!

2 comments:

auntiegwen said...

What is it they say about everyone in the world just being 6 degrees of separation away from each other ?

Hope you're doing ok today x

FOXY1969 said...

I know! I am still absolutely gob-smacked!
I keep telling anyone that will listen! I may even write into Take A Break magazine lol x