Monday 30 June 2008

Good Weekend

I had quite a nice weekend for a change.

Him indoors took me to bingo on Friday night and we won £90 between us.
Saturday I was a bit bored as I couldn't be bothered to do much so while he toiled away making a new fence for the front garden, I went to Do It All to buy some fence paint and some feed and weed for the lawn!

Next I popped into Tesco for a joint of beef for Sunday and some veggies etc, then back home to bed for an hour with my book.

Him indoors came in about 8pm and by then I was really really bored as I had been resorting to America's got talent (that really is debatable though)!!

We ordered indian food and went to bed about half 9.

Sunday I had a bit more energy and after a surprising awakening from him indoors, I got up and put the dinner on and some washing. Then I played bingo online and won £100.

Him indoors was building another fence panel, so all was quiet on the ranch.

At half 11 he decides he is going to the pub, and I decide to drop him at the fenman and go into town for a wander.

While walking into town I ring my friend Jackie, to see if she is in the pub, but I find her at home in tears asking can I come round.

So shopping trip abandoned I am at her house within 6 minutes, she sees me and totally breaks down (I am known to have that effect) and I ask what on earth could be the matter.
Well as usual she has had a disagreement with her other half, now they have only been together about 9 months, he was her first love and they split over some silly row over something and nothing, but both were stubborn and ended up apart for 20 years!

Well I normally have good advice, and she is a good girl she does listen.
I managed to talk her into a reconciliation as he is flying off on Tuesday for a fortnights work in Gibraltar.

I then joined him indoors at the bowls club after cadging a lift with my ex husband when he dropped the boys off. Cheeky I know!

Him indoors was a good boy and we ordered a taxi home for 3.30pm so we could have that wonderful roast beef I had cooked.

I get a text from Jackie saying she was at Barney's house and they were going to have a good talk. I guess they sorted out their differences as I heard no more.

So all in all I feel relaxed and happy. He has even left me his bank card this morning telling me to pay for my car tax.
Bless him!

2 comments:

Laura Jane Williams said...

I wish somebody would leave me their bank card to pay for my car tax! Lucky woman!

Eddie 2-Sox said...

Hmmm....two blogs, both referring to a bloke heading to Gibraltar to work for a fortnight....

Surely they're not on about the same people?????